Monday, May 14, 2018

Groomals Part 1

So much has happened in the last few months and we've been so busy. I'm so glad I have time to sit down and share some of our wedding memories. We really did have a wonderful wedding. I loved every part of it - even the busy planning and preparations. Busy is a happy state of being for me, so I loved it and was a bit sad when it was over. I'm not sure Doug would say the same. We've got a lot of photos to share, so I'll split this into a few posts.

Getting a Wedding License

I love this photo because the story behind it makes me laugh. You wouldn't think it'd be such a big deal to get a wedding license, but we sure had a difficult time. When we learned that you can get your license anywhere in the state, we did a bit of researching and found that Davis County is one of the most of expensive places to get your license and Box Elder County is a fair bit less expensive. Being the rather frugal people that we are, we planned a date to go to Brigham City to get our license. Since we had to do it on a weekday and had to get there before 5 pm, we were a bit crunched for time. We made it there with 5 minutes to spare only to realize that I had forgotten my identification. So we had to come back. One week later, we were back but nearly didn't make it because there was a train that had stopped on the tracks blocking our way. Miraculously, we made it there in the nick of time and got our license.


Wedding Eve

Doug and I are both so grateful to our good friends and family who travelled to be able to spend our wedding day with us. Included among that list, is one of my mission companions - Yanel Ramirez Osses. Yanel and two of my other mission companions - Bekah Yorke and Serena Covington - took me out for Salvadoran food on the eve of my wedding.


Groomals

One of the things that made our wedding day so awesome is that we did most of our photos ahead of time. This was great because it left us with a lot more time to enjoy spending time with our family and friends on our wedding day. Also, the weather on our wedding day was rather blustery so we were very happy that we'd already done photos on a nice evening a week before. My friend, Lauren Ford Adams did our groomals.









As soon as we finished taking our photos by these flower bed, this man came and tore out all of the flowers. When we walked by later, there was nothing but dirt in this flower bed. Yet another reason we're glad we did some photos before our actual wedding day.







True story: as we were taking our photos on the steps up by the door, we noticed that there was something going on down by the flower bed at the base of the stairs. Our photographer, Lauren said, "I think they're getting engaged." I looked a little closer and said, "Is that Adam? Doug, I think that's Adam Knight!" Yep, our good friend Adam Knight proposed to his now wife while we were at the temple having our photos taken. Yet another reason we were happy we decided to have some photos taken before our wedding day.














No comments: