Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Our Wedding Day - At the Temple Part 2

Our wedding day was beautiful, but the weather was not. It was cold and windy. We are so grateful to our family and friends who braved the cold and waited to take photos with us at the temple. We had a couple friends who weren't able to stay for photos, but we're so glad that they were able to join us for the ceremony. We had a different photographer on our wedding day - Aimee Crandall. She was fantastic and really great at getting the many children in our family to smile and laugh. I highly recommend her.



My beautiful family - the Moores.



My beautiful Grandmother, Norma Szymanski.


My siblings - Nathan, Jenifer, and Cathy. So grateful that Cathy was able to fly out from Texas for our wedding.






The Warner Clan.


Nieces and nephews. It was so cold. These kids were troopers to stick it out as long as they did.


Doug's siblings: David, Stacy Jo, Michael, Becca, and Richard.


One of the things that impressed me about Doug from the very beginning was his relationship with his family. In fact, on our first date we double-dated with his sister Stacy who took their nephew Corbin as her date. I knew from the very beginning that family was a top priority for Doug. And he has such a wonderful family. In fact, throughout our wedding and afterward, this was one of the main comments that my dad made to me. The day after our wedding I called my dad to make sure everything got taken care of after Doug and I left. All I remember from our conversation was my dad telling me, "You married into a really fantastic family." I couldn't agree more. I feel very lucky to be a part of such a wonderful family on both sides. They are such a blessing in Doug and my lives.






 I believe at this point, the photographer instructed me to give my dad a kiss. So he turned and tried to smooch me on the lips. Hence the reaction seen in the photo above.







Doug and his Dad. This is a favorite photo of Doug's sister, Stacy Jo. Doug's father went through some very intense health procedures when we first started dating. This picture is a reminder of just how blessed we were that he survived and was able to see our marriage and our growing family. Every day that Gail Warner is alive is a gift and a blessing for which we are grateful.

No comments: